I’m not even going to beat around the bush with this post. Why are people such outright dicks when it comes to what type of computer or phone other people use?
- I see so many Windows users scoff or laugh at anyone who uses a Mac, with the thought that they’re “underpowered and overpriced”.
- I see Mac users—far fewer than in the past—attack Windows users in retaliation, and some attack Windows users for being “stupid”.
- I see Linux users attack anyone who uses “non-free software”, or for not following the free software mentality.
- I see Android users taunt iPhone users for buying “overpriced” hardware.
- I see iPhone users taunt Android users for having “malware-riddled” phones.
It’s just insane that these people go so far out of their way to attack others, just to deal with their own inadequacies.
I use a Mac. I’m still a fan of Windows 7 and Windows Vista. I’m still a fan of Gentoo. I use an iPhone, but I also own Android, Windows Phone, and Firefox OS devices. I won’t make fun of someone for making their own choices.
But I’ll never understand why others do it. It just makes no sense to me.